IntroductionCollege of Shariah and Islamic Sciences (COSIS) was established on18th September 1986 in the city of Lahore-the city of learning, art, culture and science. Minhaj University Lahore has gained the status of an international University for its distinctive educational system, multi-dimensional progress, profound administration and eye-opening results. In just fourteen years of its inception, its fame and popularity has reached Europe, Africa and Middle East; the progress continues and no later, its Alumni will lead the Islamic and Academic Renaissance in the world.
College of Shariah, the first of the colleges functioning under the Minhaj University, is a grand center of learning and education striving for the production of honest, cultivated, qualified and committed leadership for the prevalence of Islam. It offers the Muslim Ummah multi-faceted, future-oriented and practical education in the context of a challenging environment in islamic social, business, and computer technologies. College of Shariah is committed to harmonious development of the learner's intellectual, spiritual and physical faculties.
College of Shariah is the first College of its nature, which offers a blend of both religious and contemporary studies, not only in terms of figures but also for its high quality of instruction, dynamic strategy and experiential training format:
- Interpret Islam in the light of the Quran and Sunnah providing practically crystallized solutions to all the problem areas of life.
- Inculcates the spirit of the ultimate submission to and love for the last Prophet (PBUH) of Allah assuring the foundation of brotherhood among the Muslims.
- Provide scientific, ideological, moral, spiritual and practical learning enabling the youth to serve the nation and the country skillfully and sincerely.
- Offer a training format for the young generations furnishing them with a comparative study and research for the Quran, Hadith, Fiqh, and other tracks of Shariah enabling them to present solution to problems and fulfill the needs of the day as a result of their comparative study of the religions.
- Enable the students to play their role in the universal unification of the Islamic Nations forgoing the pessimism of sects and creeds.
- Equip the students with computer education and modern sciences so that they may present the Islamic teachings in a way impressive for young mind and start a progressive career in any field of life.
- Train the students morally and spiritually so that they build their character and strengthen their inner self and uplift themselves to abstinence and purification.
- Unfold the hidden potentials of the students with the most traditional and contemporary sciences along with the social, cultural, religious, spiritual and informational tracks that are the prime objectives of the institution.
- Enhance communication skills of the students with curricula and co-curricular activities.